I decided that one of my new pretty tops from HolyClothing would be the perfect 'ambitious' projec to crochet some trim to go around the bottom of the really nice handkerchief style sleeves and hem. Altogether I calculated that I would need about 7 yards of trim. I knew I didn't want to work the edging directly onto the blouse- it might never have seen the light of day again if I did that! So I chose a 'sideways' style edging so I could see it growing, rather than trying to make one lllllooooonnnnnggggg foundation chain and getting frustrated!
Now this was the clincher in deciding whether to crochet an edging for my Holy Clothing top: I was looking in my thread box for something else and spotted this thread. I seriously have had this thread for at least 20 years, and it was bought at a thrift store so it was old to start with! The top started out a lighter peachy/salmon rose color, but I deliberately washed it with a burgundy top so it could absorb some of that color which it did very nicely. I am not sure quite what color you would call it now...BUT it matches perfectly to that ancient thread I had! I mean exactly! It must have been meant to be!
Lace on the sleeves of my handkerchief hem top is done- now it REALLY looks like a handkerchief!
Every little loop had to be pinned in place.
I made a little bit of extra handmade fancy for the front and center of my luscious 'Moira' top....
I haven't quite finished the length of lace to go around the bottom hem...but I have been wearing this blouse anyway- a great advantage of working the lace 'sideways'! I am making a commitment right here now that I WILL finish this lace by the end of September! I have a bunch of crochet orders to fill, but I have scheduled some 'ME' time in there as well and I PROMISE I will get this done!
Here's the stock photo from Holy Clothing>>>
A photo of
my embellished blouse
WILL be posted
right here ***
Love and prayers,
UPDATE- STILL haven't attached the lace to the bottom of this...
But please visit the NEW HOME of my blog and website!