He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist. ~St. Francis of Assisi

May we each strive to do ALL that we do as an artist working as unto the Lord for His glory! Thanks for stopping in to visit! ~Cara Louise

Friday, July 20, 2012

Small Shell Stitch Angel Crochet Pattern

The Iron Cross I designed had me feeling so good, that I decided to design another small little item! This is mostly for my mother- she loves to decorate her Christmas tree with snowflakes and angels I have crocheted over the past 18 years! She does have quite the collection. While I may give others in my family only one new snowflake each year, my mom gets doubles, and other little goodies...I know she loves them, and I love making them for her. There is just no better feeling than to pour love into an item for someone who you KNOW will appreciate it and cherish it!

I couldn't find exactly the design I was looking for anywhere  so I designed a new pattern combining the best aspects of several others I have made over the years.

This pattern is written in tutorial style, with lots of photos to completely illustrate the trickier steps, and includes an optional halo embellishment and an alternate version which uses a wooden 'doll' clothespin.

If you have been thinking about trying your hand at thread crochet, this would be a great place to start! I used size 5 crochet thread, which is not the really skinny thread, but you could also adapt the pattern to use sport weight yarn.

You may do whatever you like with angels you make from this pattern, but you may not republish, sell, or trade the pattern in any way. Sharing the link to this pattern is always appreciated though!

*** Please note- I have no control over who pins what to pinterest or what they say when they pin. My original pin said this was to be 'free for a limited time only'- which it was, and those who re-pinned it later should have kept that original description but obviously they didn't. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Click on this picture to be taken to Craftsy where you can purchase this pattern.

This small angel is only about 4 inches tall, can be hung on the tree or she will stand up by herself. I hope you take a look at it and make one for yourself! Please let me know if you have any trouble deciphering my instructions.

Please visit the NEW HOME of my blog and website! 

No comments: